What’s new in Veeam Backup and Replication v10
Recently I got a chance to explore Veeam Backup and Replication v10 deployment and configuration for the vSphere environment. I would like to share with you what I learned.
Before getting into implementation lets discuss what is new with Veeam Backup and Replication v10.
I am not covering all the new features in this blog post, we will discuss about these features in the upcoming posts.
What’s new in v10?
Below are the major features with Veeam Backup and Replication v10.
Here is the official video from the Veeam official YouTube channel.
Video Credit: Veeam official YouTube channel.
- Powerful NAS Backup
- Ransomware Protection and Simplified Data Management
- Instant VM Recovery
- Veeam Data Integration API
- Tighter Linux Ecosystem Integration
Image Credit: Veeam.com
What else is New?
Below are the other improved features with new v10 release.
- Instant restore of ANYTHING to VMware
- Next-generation Instant Recovery engine
- Multi-VM Instant Recovery
- Advanced XFS integration
- Network-less guest processing via vSphere Guest Interaction API
- Enhanced APIs
- GFS on Primary Backup jobs and Daily Retention
- S3 operations performance improvements
- Windows Server version 1909 support
- vCloud Director v10 Support
- Automatic CBT reset option
- Restore to EC2 Enhancements
Veeam has officially released What’s New in v10 Document. I request you to please have a look at this document for a better understanding of each enhancement.
Download Veeam Backup and Replication v10 trial here.
References: Veeam Backup and Replication v10 Release note.
That’s all guys.. will discuss more on Veeam Backup and Replication v10 in an upcoming post, stay tuned…
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Feel free to share this with others if it is worth sharing!!!